An Outdoor Education Leader is required for Hadleigh Parks historical visits. This will be on a casual basis, as and when we have visits booked for the roundhouse and archaeological dig; amongst other educational needs. Spring to Autumn is very busy for the education team, most weeks they are fully booked hence the need to expand the team.
Description of the Role
Hadleigh Park’s replica Iron Age roundhouse has an industry-leading educational offering and has grown in popularity over the last 2 years. This combined with the new facilities at the Olympic mountain bike venue means that we are pleased to announce that we are recruiting for people to join the Education team.
- A positive outlook on life, enthusiastic and passionate.
- Self-assured – able to plan and deliver tasks.
- Confident, outgoing leader who can relate to people from wide range of backgrounds.
- Empathetic to children with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Customer focused, committed to responding to feedback and evaluations.
- To teach Hadleigh Park’s history days for visiting school groups, based around our replica Iron Age roundhouse and archaeological dig.
- This involves working with classes of around 30 children, generally aged 7 – 9, on weekdays during term times, between mid-March and mid-November.
- Sessions taught may include Archaeology, Stone Age to Iron Age, or Warrior Skills No previous knowledge of history is required, as full training will be given.
- Take responsibility for safety of groups and for care of Park educational property. Report any safety or equipment issues.
- Co-ordinate sessions with a second member of teaching staff on days when two classes are visiting.
- Set up equipment, prepare materials and paperwork, clear away at end of day.
Skills and Competencies
- Good communicator, able to deliver lively sessions, engaging the group, and explaining concepts in ways they can understand.
- Confident in front of a group, happy working with children and able to manage a class.
- Able to take independent actions and work without supervision.
- Flexible, able to adapt to a changing educational programme, needs of individuals and schools, weather and time constraints.
Terms and Working Conditions
- General availability to work weekdays (though there is no obligation to accept a particular shift offered).
- Mobile, able to stand for long periods, lift and carry equipment and assist with erection of a marquee.
- Willing to work outdoors and in all weathers
- Willing to wear historical costume and uniform.
- References required.
- A DBS check will be required.
- Pay: Negotiable for the right candidate
For more information please contact Hadleigh Park on 01702 551072 and ask to speak to Robert Anderson or Ansgar Aldridge.