Swimming Latest News – ** Swimming will NOT be on Saturday 22nd September – as many of our volunteers will be at the Swim Serpentine Event **
We are proud to announce that Hadleigh Park is working in partnership with Great Swim Local (GSL) throughout April – September. Come and swim our 380m swim course safe in the knowledge that you will be supervised by our qualified and experienced safety team. Hot showers and changing facilities are provided.
Great Swim Local technology allows us to track and time individual swimmers in the water providing a high level of safety. ALL timings are available online allowing swimmers to track times and record PB’s.
Swimmers should register on the GSL website to receive their Great Swim Wrist band.
Beginners Swim Coaching
Ideal for those who have never been swimming in a wetsuit, or in open water, or anyone who has swum in open water before but struggled, or anyone who alternates between breastroke and front crawl. This will boost your confidence and improve your technique.
- Must be able to swim at least 25m non-stop in front crawl
- £25 per session (inc. Swim entry)
- Qualified Swim coaches will coach from both shore and on the water.
- Wetsuits available at cost of £10 per session – Only for those participating in Swim Coaching sessions
Booking available here:
Join the Team
We are always looking for keen and enthusiastic volunteers to help our swimming sessions run smoothly. You don’t need to do the whole session, committing to only an hour, will earn a free swim, for every 2 hours volunteered we will give you free parking and a free tea or coffee too. Email Hadleigh.email@example.com to sign up!
–Responsible for managing the session including:
- Coordinating the course set up and check
- Briefing and deploying the safety team
- Starting the session
- Briefing swimmers
- Monitoring swimmer entry and exit
- Closing the session
–Maintain the safety of all customers in and around the reservoir
– Responsible for observing and interacting with swimmers around the course and towing swimmers to a point of safety if required.
–Responsible for observing and interacting, supporting the lifeguards to count heads in the water and alert them to anyone requiring assistance.
– Responsible for observing and interacting, supporting the lifeguards to count heads in the water and alert them to anyone requiring assistance.
Water sign in/ out
–Responsible for feeding all swimmers the safety brief, ensuring they are signed in and out of the water using the digital technology
–Responsible for recruiting volunteers, keeping information up to date and assigning volunteers to roles each week.