Kayak hire on the Hadleigh Park Reservoir is one of the parks most popular activities. Whether you are experienced or a complete novice it is a beautiful place to enjoy being on the water. Kayaking is suitable for age 6 and above. All equipment is supplied and a buoyancy aid must be worn at all times.
Single or Double Kayak?
There are both single and double Kayaks for hire. A single is suitable for one adult or one child. A double is suitable for two persons. We recommend double kayaks for those with younger children or those who need to boost their water confidence. Each session is a 30 minute hire with a maximum of two slots per booking (1 hour).
What to wear?
It is a watersport so you will get wet! Water will come into the kayak (don’t worry it is designed that way!!) around the seating area. It is best to bring a towel and a change of clothes. Bring surf shoes or old shoes that can get wet, alternatively it is possible to go barefoot.
Buoyancy aids are supplied. Hadleigh Park buoyancy aids must be worn at all times, therefore your own equipment is not allowed for this activity.
Arrive at least 15 minutes before your allotted time and go straight to the Hadleigh Park Office. This will allow for the necessary consent forms to be completed before going to the reservoir. All participants must have an up to date consent form completed before they will be allowed to participate. Do not go straight to the reservoir as you will be asked to return to the office and consequently this may reduce your time on the water.
- This is not an instructor led activity.
- The minimum age of 6 years applies to this activity.
- The session is purely equipment (kayak and buoyancy aid) hire where adults take full responsibility for children included within their signed consent form and must be present at the reservoir at all times with participants aged 6-17 years.
- A consent form must be completed and signed for all persons before participating in this event.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the start time as sessions start promptly.
- Only Hadleigh Park equipment and buoyancy aids may be used in this activity.
- This is not a swimming activity.
Kayak Hire Prices and Dates for 2019 TBC