There is a Cycle Training Instructor Course taking place at The Deanes School, Benfleet on Monday 10th to Thursday 13th April.
Course details www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/course/details/3466
The course costs £595 per person and includes:
- Four-day training from expert tutors.
- Cycle Training Resources to support your delivery, including workbooks that can be used in the training environment.
- Post Course Assessment (PCA).
- British Cycling Ride Membership for one year, which includes insurance cover.
- Instructor Training Organisation (ITO) membership for one year.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the course.
- Quarterly ITO newsletter which includes industry updates.
- Registration with the Department for Transport (DfT).
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You are a regular on road cyclist, who is confident riding in traffic.
- You must have access to a helmet, suitable clothing and a roadworthy bike for each day of the course.
The instructor course prepares you to deliver Bikeability Level 1 to 3 courses to either adults or young people. By the end of the course, you will have improved your own personal riding skills, learnt how to teach groups and individuals, how to provide a safe training area and how to assess when your trainees have achieved their outcomes.
Following successful completion of the four-day course, you will be awarded Provisional National Standard Instructor status by the Department of Transport (DfT).
The course includes:
- Introduction to the National Standard.
- Theory of Level 1, 2 and 3 Bikeability.
- Planning Bikeability sessions.
- Delivery methods for Level 1, 2 and 3 Bikeability.
- Conducting a Bike, Helmet and Clothing check.
- Evaluating Bikeability sessions.
- Providing feedback and motivation.
- Managing groups effectively.
- Moving trainees in groups.
- Conducting effective risk assessment.
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Signposting trainees to further cycling opportunities.
- One-to-one feedback from an experienced tutor.
If you are interested please contact British Cycling on 0161 274 2129 or book online here: www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/course/details/3466